Independent and Local – and proud to be!
5 compelling reasons to choose Outlook Eye Centre
You may have heard the term ‘corporate optometry’ and no doubt have seen the television advertising campaigns and sports sponsorship deals promoting various optometry chain stores. Independent optometry, on the other hand, tends to fly under the radar because we’re smaller – but there are some BIG differences in how we approach eyecare.
We want to tell you about them:
- Because we are independent, we have freedom. At Outlook Eye Centre, we are not bound by sales targets or supplier contracts and we’re definitely not beholden to corporate PR and a CEO! Our freedom means we take the time to provide a comprehensive eye examination for you which answers all your questions and we have the freedom to prescribe and dispense an individually tailored eyewear solution for you from a vast range of quality products that will suit every budget.
- We live and work in a place we love. We have a deep attachment to our community and because Outlook Eye Centre is an independently owned and operated local business, we are able to spend the time forging lasting relationships with our patients, their families and our wider community network. We’re involved in everything from AFL footy to dancing with Toowoomba Physie and Dance and we love seeing our patients out and about around Toowoomba.
- Cookie cutters are great for making cookies but the cookie cutter approach to eyewear is not for us. We personally select an incredible range of unique, high- quality optical frames and sunglasses from here and across the globe. Our custom- made lenses are sustainably sourced from reputable manufacturers and are tailored to your individual prescription and lifestyle requirements. No same-same for our stylish, fashion-forward and fun-loving patients!
- We’ve decades of skill & expertise all packaged up in the form of Shannon Smith and Andrew Speed. Shannon graduated in 1995 and is a former Optometrist of the Year Award winner and the longest serving past President of Optometry Australia Queensland. Andrew is a qualified specialist optical mechanic with close to three decades of optics experience – a rare breed in today’s optometry world. At Outlook Eye Centre, you know you’re in safe, experienced hands.
- Continuity and trust are important factors in your eye health journey. We get to know you and we closely monitor your eye health for new signs and symptoms. You won’t be passed from person to person and have to re-tell your story time and again.
If you haven’t already, we’d love you to come in and experience the difference that an independent optometrist can make to your vision and eye health. It could be a real eye opener for you. (and that’s another thing about us, we love an optical pun!).